Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pie in the Sky

I've been toying with the idea of opening a bakery. Nay, not just any bakery, a pie shop. My mind has thought of nothing else since the idea came. I had 2 dreams about it. I even drafted up a menu. It includes all kinds of dessert pies (obviously!), and breakfast and lunch pies, like quiches and pot pies.

Sometimes I get ideas that I think are great, but then I get sick of it or lose motivation. To see if this one sticks, I've been baking pies, just to make sure it's my thing.

The first one I forgot to take pictures of: Single crust apple with crumble topping. It was a hit at the church gathering I brought it to.

Today, I'm making a ricotta cheesecake. Here it is, almost done. I'm bringing it to a girl's night event. All the husbands will be at the Priesthood session of Conference, so we're getting together. Hope it turns out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!